Cleaning The Windkiller or Spacer Bubble
Take good care of your Windkiller or Spacer Bubble and it will take good care of your mic for years. Here's how to clean and disinfect the Windkiller, Spacer Bubble or Spacer Kit fur and return it to all its original fluffy glory. Watch our video guide below:
- Rinse The Windkiller under luke-warm water (35 to 40 degrees Celsius) to remove most of the dirt. For The Spacer Kit or Spacer Bubble: remove the fur from the mesh base first
- Use a drop of shampoo or dishwashing liquid and work a lather into the fur to remove any stubborn dirt particles
- Rinse away the dirt/foam with luke-warm water and gently squeeze out / shake off excess water
- You may want to use a comb or brush to seperate the fur again and remove excess water before drying
- Outside, shake out The Windkiller or Spacer Bubble fur and leave it in the sun to dry.
- To speed up the drying process, or for indoor drying, use a hair-dryer on a medium or low heat setting to dry the Windkiller or Spacer Bubble
We hope this provides useful in caring for your Windkiller or Spacer Kit. For more information on these shotgun mic windshields click here. To find your local BBI dealer, click here. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.